Saturday, April 16, 2011

Scrawny dragon and pink toes

I am so happy to know that many of you are finding me here. You have come to the woodshed to see the baby dragon. He is just a little scrawny thing, but pretty feisty and has a mind of his own. Goodness knows what will happen when his wings grow and he starts breathing fire! Thank you for your love and support and feedback. I love what I am doing because it brings me joy, it flows and is effortless. Your encouragement means a lot though, and I appreciate all the little and sharper nudges to keep going.

Today was a gooooooood day! I woke up slightly worse for wear ( don't ask), got dressed, decided at the last minute to change clothes again, and instead of going to work, went to the spa for a pedicure! Pink! The perfect start to the week. There is a brilliant carwash right by the "Beautification Saloon", so Ollie usually gets his polishing while I get mine.
We both left there feeling decidedly more perky and I proceeded to work just in time for lunch....

My temporary passport arrived today which is a relief,  I might even be legal again in the next few days... Enshallah. I did actually get some work done and taught my favourite class. Full attendance as usual. I then swung by my favourite hotel, the Chedi, to watch my artist friends and their baby rosepetal float around in the water. It was peaceful, the soft light at sunset and the gentle lapping of the water was exactly the short respite I needed before going to the dentist. The hotel has opened its pools and public beach and gym for the first time ever and are offering a 3 month package. Needless to say, I am sorely tempted!

The next bit of good news is that the dental work is done. Hooooorrraaay! I have a lot to say about this whole experience, but let's just say that over the years Dr Matt and I have clicked on a certain level. When he has no patients, we talk about life, the universe and everything and I have to admit he is the only dentist I have ever hugged!

As you know, I have an appointment with the potential sponsor tomorrow, the potentail facilitator of my dreams. I have been wandering around the whole weekend going, 'Come on Universe, come on ou chommie, you know this girl is a bit ignorant about business affairs, fling someone on my path to give me some advice'.

My goodness, I opened the topic  this evening with Dr Matt completely by chance.... well, we don't believe in co-incidence, do we?..... and he really gave me a few sound pointers. Very happy about that.

Good night sweet friends, may flights of angels sing thee to thy sleep.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment