Monday, April 11, 2011

Letting go

When I was around 12 or 13, on a real trip of self discovery, life was so incredibly full of extremes. I was so incredibly lonely, my room so empty, my duvet so protective. My friendships so excrutiating, so serious, so passionate. I remember having a little poster on my wall saying: Vulnerability is strength.
Even then it was important for me to expose myself fully to life, and take what it had to give, without judging.
I don't remember having lables of good or bad on things, but simply this is life.

It is amazing to me that so far down the line, this is still a central theme in my life. I do belief that you have to open yourself up and take it all in and live to the full.

Claire once told me that when I open up to someone or the world, make myself vulnerable to the world, it is like an autopsy, I bare myself with nothing held back, every part exposed.
I am teaching myself how to find a balance between protecting myself, making time to gather strength, going to the well; and exposing myself to life in that fully vulnerable state, pushing out the boat, switching on all the landing lights.

I must thank June for sending me this link to a talk by Brene Brown about the strength in vulnerability. It is off a website www.ted.com. You should check it out, there are some amazing things there. In the discussion after the talk, I found 3 of my favourite quotations. I'll share these with you in the next post.

So in the middle of my passport dilemma, I am learning and being reminded of many lessons. I am reminded in the haze to say thank you 1000 times a day. I am reminded that it is OK to be vulnerable and accept help and support when it comes my way. I am letting the love in and it is giving me the strength to be calm and take control.

Update on passport situation soon! Faint light at the end of the tunnel. But trip to London inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment