Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cod and crawling

The second day of the week, taking things very slowly.

Well, actually I am on a bit of a go-slow, as I have just been informed after a nine-week stuggle that I will be receiving a monthly increment of 5% of my basic salary. This after 2 years of loyal, hard, committed Stefani-style service. What I need to say next, is that the amount is just about enough to fill my petrol tank 3 times, and petrol here is dirt cheap.
 I feel a bit gutted, even enough so to tell my manager I thought it was barely better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.. to which he replied that in his part of the UK, they say better than a slap in the face with a wet cod. Very funny.
Well, cod or stick, or whatever, it might be time to brush off the CV. In the mean time, I'll just take things a bit easy.

I wanted to get into the next part of the passport saga now, but I just can't go there, it will be too depressing.

So I am going home!

I have two pieces of good news. The first is that I start Level 2  Arabic tonight. I am rather proud of myself and promise to do more work this time. I voluntarily did Level 1 twice because I was such a crap student. There is definitely a lot of truth in the saying that teachers make the worst students. I was continually bowing my head in shame, even blushing, at not having done my homework or arriving late once again. I really must do better this time... Mmmmmm...

Also, I have had a dream brewing for some time of opening my own little purple school for children and ladies, and I have an appointment to meet a potential sponsor tomorrow, so hold thumbs. It has to be the right person of course. It is a process with many many steps, but I have my clear vision, and it is amazing how teeny tiny baby steps really do get you there.

Even crawling really slowly on your belly also gets you there! So, my advice for the day, keep breathing and keep going.



No comments:

Post a Comment