Friday, April 8, 2011

Roses and temporary respite from passport dilemma

You are braver than you believe
and stonger than you seem
and smarter than you think.                                       

 Christopher Robin to Pooh Bear


I  keep this quote on my downstairs mirror and look at it on an almost daily basis. I am really happy that it is the virtual weekend over here. I needed some downtime after the busy week and passport stress.

 I am dreaming and dreaming and waking up with many jumbled images in my mind. I usually do not connect to the internet on the weekend, but woke up with a sense of urgency about the passport.

The news this morning is that the consulate in Duesseldorf has decided to issue me with a temporary passport so that I can either:
 1. get more detailed information on my father's birth place
 2. find out whether I have a naturalisation certificate, ie. was my birth registered with the consulate in Cape Town?
3. update my South African passport

This all a bit surreal and weird and unreal, and I am finding it hard to accept that there must be some reason for this. It better be a reeeeeaaaaalllly good reason!

I look forward to spending the evening with my artist friends and their rosepetal baby, being with them is always like entering an oasis of calm and quiet creativity.

Oh, I meant to mention my rosebush blooming. It is going mad with slightly untidy but aromatic pink Omani roses. I picked some yesterday and Leo immediately jumped up onto the sideboard and took a nap with his nose about a cm away from them. It was so funny and I couldn't get it over my heart to chase him off.

When my roses start blooming here, I know that it will soon be time to go and enjoy the spectacular sight of the waves of terraced roses flowering on the Jebel Akhdar. Wow.






No comments:

Post a Comment