Monday, April 2, 2012

Real food and turtle moments

So many lovely things have been happening to me, I feel truly blessed, especially  with the tiny moments that turn into beautiful canvasses that decorate the mind.

As I was driving home on the main road yesterday, I caught a glimpse of my loved one on his motorbike, stopped at a traffice light, travelling in the opposite direction. My heart swelled in that moment just at the sight of him.

Matthew, who is visiting from London, and I visited my all time favourite hotel, the Chedi, at sunset. It was incredibly peaceful and the sea was light pearl grey. As we walked down the tidy beach with a hushed atmosphere, a little group of turtles started bobbing their heads above the water. It was a cameo moment, being in touch with nature and sharing the stillness.

Completely by chance.. not that I believe in chance, we met my artist friends there. Matthew had met them on his previous visit , and the flow of the evening continued. Their rosepetal baby who is now two, came to sit on my lap and fed me little titbits of food with her fingers. This sharing of tiny morsels felt almost like a kind of ritual and I left that place feeling truly fed.

I wish you all small moments of beauty to decorate the mind and truly feed the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment