Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The sculptor

A man asked Buddha, "I want Happiness."
Buddha said, first remove "I", that's ego,
then remove "want", that's desire.
See now you are left with only Happiness.
My body is telling me to slow down, I woke up yesterday with dizziness, feeling very strange. I spent the day at home very gently doing a few things that have been on the list for a long time. It was satisfying. Work has been very busy. I have taken on some extra responsibility which I enjoy, but I have to get used to that again. I am not one to take on any task half-heartedly.
Yesterday I came across a few photographs from 3 years ago. I am so happy to be  an intimate witness to  constant changes in my body, mind and soul. I really feel my wings that were clipped, are growing again and my soul that I had allowed to shrink, expanding into its true hues. Sometimes at night I have the feeling that it is rising free and soaring up, exploring the colors and music of space. 
 My physical being that was padded from the pain of the past, is showing its true self like the statue or carving reveals itself from the marble or wood from which it is being fashioned.
The small teeny tiny baby steps are leading me down a beautiful path, and I am so enjoying this journey. 
My soulsista Junaline posted recently,
'When the universe calls you to make a change, pay attention'.
So, my friends, pay attention, every breath and every blink is a soft embrace of Light, a reminder that we are in this world to be happy. Just do happiness today. And eat chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful as always x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support fengirl, I wish you a taste of true happiness every day.

      Delete