Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Blog, who thought up this crappy word?

So who thought up this really weird word 'blog' anyway?

 I'm writing to people, and no, not just people, people who are close to me and important to me, and inviting them to share in my thoughts and life by reading my blog.

One lady wrote, "I have an aversion to blogs". I realised that I also have an aversion to blogs, now I am writing one... how crazy.

People don't like the effort of getting to the blog, even if you can stick it under your 'Favourites' or subscribe.

My theory is that people don't like visiting blogs because the word BLOG is so uninviting, simply grim if I have to be honest. Nothing about the word makes me want to go there, visit there, commune there, share there, learn there.
 When I open my centre of learning, it will definitely not be called BLOG.

The word sounds so cumbersome, rhymes with bog, fog, smog, log, grog, flog, frog. These are heavy sticky cold shitty things that hamper you in your progress. No lovely, light, airy, interesting, zesty connotations at all! The whole feel of the word is dense and yucky.

And what about "blogspot"?? Who wants to go there? All of the above with pimples...?

And then we make a verb out of it as well, 'blogging', horrible. This doesn't sound like a fun thing to do at all.

Well at least I am glad I broke through my mental block and am enjoying myself. Sometimes you need to give that thing a chance that you have been resisting. And apart form that I think we should start a mini revolution to change the word to something more luscious sounding ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment