Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tea and mystery

'Maybe you allow the shimmering, simmering mystery to be mysterious, and not try to make it answerable to every twitch of your desire to be reasonable and knowledgeable'.
 
Dear friends
 
I am safely back from my much needed Christmas break to southern Germany. It was meaningful and magical and I will tell you more.
 
But today I am thinking about the year ahead and how to approach each day with a new and fresh energy, and just let it be what it is.
 
I am not a great believer in the whole concept of time in any case, and the idea of New Year starting on 1 January has always been lost on me. At midnight of 31 December, I was on Doha airport with the loved one, standing alone in a queue attempting to get a cup of tea. It was a mundane and completely normal moment, and I ended up aborting the stagnant line and weaving my way back through a maze of tables and chairs to where he was sitting. It could have been any moment of any day of any year. Us both sweaty and lethargic from airplane travel, looking for a cup of tea. How strange to say that it was a perfect moment. We didn't kiss or speak even, I just slipped my hand comfortably through his arm, and so we proceeded in search of a friendlier spot for a refreshing beverage.
 
I do however find these false beginnings a good time to think about things in general and set a few intentions as signposts on the road. My intention for 2011 will definitely be taken on into 2012, "Take more naps". It worked very well for me!
 
This year I am going to let the magic and the mystery be, to shimmer and simmer.
 
 I had a very valuable conversation with Monica last night. She said,'Stefani, define this thing you call magic'.
Magic is for me the quality that connects every soul and object to the divine, in whatever form you choose to experience it. Magic is the universe that supports me. Magic is knowing that there are legions of angels and souls in an unseen realm working for my good. Our human thoughts are so incredibly limited and we try so hard to be logical. We forget that there are infinitely more possibilities than we can ever 'think' of.
 
For me the magic and mystery of life is in the power of love.
 
I wish for all of us this year to have faith in the magic, to keep hope in our hearts and to be joyful in those 'Let's search for a cup of tea' moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment