Monday, December 19, 2011

promise yourself

I think this is very thought provoking just before the New Year. I shall go on my Christmas break without taking any link to cyberspace with me, I need me-time and man-time, so I'll leave you with these words by Rob Brezsny as food for though till I return in January. I'm not doing copy and paste, but typing it out, as to take in every part. It really appeals deeply to me because it is so close to my own philosophy of working to make yourself better and happier, so making the world better and happier.

Do you promise to push hard to get better and smarter,
grow your devotion to the truth,
fuel your commitment to beauty,
refine your emotions,
hone your dreams,
wrestle with your shadow,
purge your ignorance and
soften your heart-
even as you always accept yourself for exactly who you are, with all of your so-called foibles and wobbles?

Do you pledge to wake yourself up,
never hold back,
have nothing to lose,
go all the way,
kiss the stormy sky,
be the hero of your own story,
ask for everything you need and give everything you have,
take yourself to the river when it is time to go to the river,
and take yourself to the mountaintop when it is time to go to the mountaintop?

May your days over the Christmas season be pervaded by Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment