Saturday, August 27, 2011

Seeds on fallow ground and sleep

I have to tell the world that I had a brilliant nights' sleep. It is not often that I sleep for a solid 6 hours without waking up at all. I woke up in a state of peace. What a blessing.

My subconscious must be calming down. I haven't shared the continuation of my passport saga with you, but it has really been riding me mentally for months. I have had so much support with it from unexpected quarters. Now, an angel called David, friend of a friend, has appeared from nowhere, and is helping me make a case for my citizenship after the British authorities told me on my last holidays that they would not be renewing my passport past April. A mistake 16 years ago, so sorry.
I believe everything happens for a reason, and I have not been able to see any reason at all for this thing happening in my life. One reason I now very clearly perceive, is to believe emphatically in the kindness of strangers.

Let mystery have its place in you-
do not always be turning up your whole soul
with the ploughshare of self-examination,
but leave a little fallow corner of your heart ready
for any seed the wind may bring.

HENRY FREDERIC AMIEL

I love it that life is like this, just catching you with the small moments of magic. And those small moments of magic often opening some inner window shutter, sending one's life in a completely new direction. What is life if we don't believe in the mystery of it. There was a moment sitting with the loved one this weekend passed; my nose just brushed his hair ever so lightly. It was the most soothing moment of connection with another human being, felt like a seed fallling on a fallow corner. The depth of the experience so unexpected.

I wish you all good sleep, the kindness of strangers, magical moments and a special seed falling on that little fallow corner of your heart today.




1 comment: