Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Confetti and sun salutation

I'm alone in the office and its quiet,  and it is almoooost the weekend. I am just sorting out a few papers and clearing my desk, mostly into the bin. It was starting to buckle under the papers. My colleagues' desks always look so pristene, but that's just not me. We have a crazy sandstorm in Muscat today, as I was driving to work, the dust, bougainvillaea petals aand leaves were blowing like confetti all over the road.

I woke up feeling quite upbeat this morning. Very unusual for moi. Bear, the bikini boy, had jumped onto the bedside table in the middle of the night and knocked off several items, namely the alarm clock, the phone, my panadol nights and several pens, purple of course. I threw him out of the room and locked the door, yes locked. He has a way of jumping up to the door handle and opening the door otherwise. Weird cat.

So, when I woke up, I was surprised to see that it was an hour later than it should be. Mmmmm, I didn't check that the alarm was still properly set before going back to sleep. Luckily I didn't have any classes, so didn't have to rush around in a blind panic. The extra hour in bed probably did me some good! I also had a lovely conversation with Junaline last night. I am always carrying on about wanting to incorporate yoga in my life, and I never do, so she asked me last night if I wouldn't start with one sun salutation in the morning. One? Well, in the morning, no, impossible. One? What's the use of one? Why not in the morning if it is only one, and one is a start, isn't it? Well, yeeeees.

I had the internet on, and thought I would check my office mail just to see if my boss hadn't called some meeting or something else important I should know about. Can you believe that I only just recently learnt how to check my office mail from another computer. What a handy little thing to know!

As I was logging in, the Skype thingie started flashing.. what?? Skype is supposed to be blocked. Did someone unblock Skype in Oman, what happened? I suppose I should actually be keeping my big mouth shut. But I am relatively sure that big brother is not reading my blog.. mmm, how can I be sure? Any case, there was Shlomit, my soulmate from Australia calling to me from cyberspace. I didn't have headphones handy, but we just had a tiny chat and it was just excellent.

After that I was so happy, which is so unusual for me in the moring that I immediately thought that I would do the one sun salutation. It was great, it was perfect. My body protested and creaked and squeeked, but I enjoyed it. I will do another one tomorrow!
Take it from me friends, no small step is too small. Sneak that tiny change up onto yourself. I will keep you posted, I hope to keep up the sun salutations for 21 days, who know I might even progress to 2 or 3 or 4?

I watched a little television last night, and caught a small scene in some or other soap where a woman was giving a  male friend who was in love a bit of advice. She said, don't ever resist change in your life that could possible influence it for the good. Isn't it incredible how we resist change, how I can even resist one salutation..yet change is the only stable thing in our lives. Talk about paradox. I like that, I wrote it down, Don't resist the change that could transform your whole life for the better. Breathe and let go.

Happy weekend! Dinner at the Chedi with the girls tonight, my beloved ex-neighbour Monica from the UAE tomorrow, and  a possible taco fest with Joe on Friday. Can only be good.




No comments:

Post a Comment