Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Chocolate and helicopters

The only thing better than a good friend, is a good friend with chocolate.

I had a great conversation yesterday with a friend reminding me of one of Hester Clark's stories. You can be sure to be hearing many of those in times to come.

My mother always used to say,
'Your blessings are flying around your head like pink helicopters, just dying to land and bring exhuberance to your life..  but you are too stupid to open your heart and put on the landing lights.'

So my wish to me and you before this well-deserved Muscat weekend is that we all find our ways to switch on the landing lights of our hearts and invite those blessings to land.

May one of those blessing be a friend at the door with chocolate... or champage...or both!

I am going to listen to the Royal Oman Symphony Orchestra  at the Al Bustan Palace hotel with a colleague tonight. We shall be enjoying a Far Eastern buffet with champagne before. I look forward to wearing my fishnets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment